- We may collect your personal information (including, but not limited to, your name, email address, phone number, and residential address) when you use this website. You may decide not to provide your personal information to us. However, if you do not provide it, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain information or services.
- As a visitor of our website, you have the option to create an account with us. In order to create an account, you will need to provide us with personal information which includes, but not limited to, your name, password and email address.
- We may also collect information about you from other sources including public registers such as the land register.
3. Automated Collection
- When you visit this website, we may use automated technology (such as usage monitoring software, cookies, and sessions) to collect and store certain information about your visit. Please see Cookies for more information.
- A cookie is a small portion of data sent from a website and stored in a user’s web browser while a user is browsing a website. When the user browses the same website in the future the cookie data can be retrieved by the website to notify the website of the user’s previous activity.
- For more information on how to adjust your web browser settings for cookies see www.aboutcookies.org.
- Please note:
- Accepting a cookies does not give us access to your computer or personal information stored on your hard drive under any circumstances.
- Although you can configure your web browser to not accept cookies, if you do so you may experience a resulting loss of functionality of this website.
5. Use and Disclosure
- We will not use or disclose your personal information except in accordance with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993. We may use your personal information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Analyse usage of this website;
- Provide you with further information, news, and promotional material; and
- Improve the content of this website and to customise this website for your performance.
- We will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to third parties. Your personal information will be made available internally for the above purposes and we will not disclose your personal information to third parties unless you have given us prior approval. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to our using and disclosing your personal information in the manner set out above.
- We will only use or disclose personal information that you have provided to us, or which we have obtained about you:
- For the above-mentioned purposes;
- If you have authorised us to do so;
- If we have given you notification of the intended use of disclosure and you have not objected to that use or disclosure;
- If we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for national security in the performance of their functions.;
- If we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce any legal rights we may have, or is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of us, our customers, or others; or
- If we are authorised, required or permitted by law to disclose the information.
6. Storage and Security
- Personal information collected on this website is collected and held by Hermitty. We will take reasonable efforts to protect personal information that is held by us from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
7. Third Party Websites
- This website may contain hyperlinks to third party websites. We are not responsible for the content of such websites, or for the manner in which those websites collect, hold, use, and distribute any personal information you provide.
- When visiting a third-party website from hyperlinks displayed on this website, we encourage you to review the privacy statements of those websites so that you can understand how the personal information you provide will be collected, held, used and distributed.
8. Right to Access and Correct
- You may request access to, or correction of, any personal information we hold about you by contacting us at email@example.com.
- To ensure that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current, please notify us of any changes to your personal information as soon as possible.